- n an American who lives in the North (especially during the American Civil War)
- n an American who lives in New England
- n an American (especially to non-Americans)
- s used by Southerners for an inhabitant of a northern state in the United States (especially a Union soldier)
- Any visitor clicking on a link on Daddy Yankee's website, daddyyankee.
News & Articles
- The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. Announces Launch of $450.0 Million Senior Note Private Placement Offering
SOUTH DEERFIELD, Mass., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. ("Yankee Candle") intends to issue $450.0 million of senior notes (the "Notes") in a private placement ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Getting Ready for Yankee Doodle Fair Opening
Preparations were under way Tuesday for Thursday’s opening of the Yankee Doodle Fair at the Westport Woman’s Club and adjacent parking lot on Imperial Avenue. The fair, which runs through Sunday, opens at 6 p.m. Thursday and runs until 10 p.m. with the same hours on Friday.
June 12, 2013 - WestportNow
- Strange men in black show up at Yankee Stadium as Ireland lose 2-0 against world champions Spain
“Come on you guys in black?” Yes, an Irish team famous for being the ‘Boys in Green” played in all black at Yankee stadium last night, looking like a team of referees who had lost their way on the Cross Bronx and found themselves playing the world champions Spain instead.
June 12, 2013 - Irish Central
- George Steinbrenner in USA Today
Bobby Murcer was a born Yankee, a great guy, very well-liked and a true friend of mine,owner George Steinbrenner said. "I extend my deepest sympathies to his wife Kay, their children and grandchildren. I will really miss the guy."
- Joe Saunders in USA Today
They are the favorites. But after this one we've got, obviously, a lot of confidence, a lot of momentum,said Saunders. "We're going to be ready to play. It's going to be the usual Yankee hostile environment. It's going to be a lot of fun....
- Mariano Rivera in Washington Post
Yankee Stadium is tough, I'm telling you,Yankees closer Mariano Rivera said. "Didn't want it to end."