- n edible tuber of any of several yams
- n any of a number of tropical vines of the genus Dioscorea many having edible tuberous roots
- n sweet potato with deep orange flesh that remains moist when baked
- n edible tuberous root of various yam plants of the genus Dioscorea grown in the tropics world-wide for food
- And Bolt's performance-enhancing yams should not be confused with any kind of drug: "I don't even use fertilizer growing those yams," she says.
- Once you understand that, you don't have to be swayed by the fad diet any more, whether it is a konnyaku (alimentary yam paste) or a banana diet.
- His site--filled with useful links, cautionary notes and essays on treatments ranging from aromatherapy to wild-yam cream--is widely cited by doctors and medical writers and draws .
News & Articles
- Yamboree Chips to be sold
Mirror Photo / Darrell Cook THIS YEAR’S CANDIDATES for Yamboree Queen will have a new item to sell in their campaigns—2-sided ceramic “Yamboree Chips.” The collectible souvenirs are $10 each. The seven girls vyinto be this year’s Yam Queen will also be selling the traditional Barn Dance tickets.
June 20, 2013 - The Gilmer Mirror
- Safari Park celebrates gorilla’s birthday
SAN DIEGO — The San Diego Zoo Safari Park held a birthday celebration Monday for Monroe, a 2-year-old western lowland gorilla. Monroe got to enjoy a multicolored ice cake made of fruit and vegetables and decorated with yam and banana …
June 18, 2013 - FOX 5 San Diego
- Bulls go local: New twist on summer treat
By: By Shaunda Wickham, MONTAGE EDITOR With flavors such as “Porky’s Delight,” in which vanilla ice cream is loaded with bacon and bacon brittle, and “Pump Up the Yam,” a treat of sweet potato ice cream with caramel, pecans and marshmallows, Bill Workman...
June 17, 2013 - The Oracle