- n the remaining parts of something that has been wrecked
they searched the wreckage for signs of survivors
- As the wreckage of the World Trade Center was taken to the Fresh Kills landfill and painstakingly sifted, the true toll of the attacks became clearer.
- This pew is made of 19th-century cypress reclaimed from a home in New Orleans' Lower Ninth Ward after Hurricane Katrina uilding a city isn't just about clearing away the wreckage .
- As they searched for glimmers of hope in the wreckage of the world economy earlier this year, politicians, economists and commentators used one phrase so repeatedly it became .
- Tony Blair in International Herald Tribune
At the time, Blair said an investigation would not "have led anywhere, except to the complete wreckage of a vital strategic relationship for our country."
- David Eckstein in FOXNews
There were bodies cut in half, and I could see torsos sticking out. It was pretty horrific,Eckstein said. "The bodies were entwined with the wreckage."
- Antonio Villaraigosa in AFP
There are more bodies in the wreckage, but at this point there is no way to tell how many,Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa told reporters.