- n something inferior in quality or condition or effect
for better or for worse
accused of cheating and lying and worse
- a (comparative of `bad') inferior to another in quality or condition or desirability
this road is worse than the first one we took
the road is in worse shape than it was
she was accused of worse things than cheating and lying
- a changed for the worse in health or fitness
I feel worse today
her cold is worse
- a having undesirable or negative qualities
- s very intense
- s feeling physical discomfort or pain (`tough' is occasionally used colloquially for `bad')
- s (of foodstuffs) not in an edible or usable condition
- a feeling or expressing regret or sorrow or a sense of loss over something done or undone
- s not capable of being collected
- s below average in quality or performance
- s nonstandard
- s not financially safe or secure
- s physically unsound or diseased
- s capable of harming
- s characterized by wickedness or immorality
- s reproduced fraudulently
- s not working properly
- r (comparative of `ill') in a less effective or successful or desirable manner
he did worse on the second exam
- Many filmmakers, however, fear the proposed changes will only make censorship worse.
- One struggles to think of a worse vehicle at a worse time.
- But Gottman and Levenson also found that when gay men initiate difficult discussions with their partners, the partners are worse than straight or lesbian couples at "repairing .
- Tiger Wood in Reuters Canada
I wanted to win (but) as the week wore on I kept hitting the ball worse,said the 14-times major champion. "I didn't hit the ball good enough and I made too many mistakes around the greens."
- David Cameron in The Guardian
If the public-option plan is in there, as a matter of conscience I will not allow this bill to come to a final vote, because I believe the debt [incurred by the bill] can break America and send us into a recession that is worse than the one we are... Joe Lieberman http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lieberman&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGOIPwMWmBmG_bXFxt6Y1inBkJAzQ Voice of America http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-11-08-voa21.cfm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEkKYe2D26xGn5N8E-nhWF3qLQecA Nov 8, 2009
111212 145961 worse He argued that this flatly contradicted Cameron's claim that the overall scale of the position is even worse than we thought."