worldly-wise : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s experienced in and wise to the ways of the world
- Something about the combination of sex and computers, however, seems to make otherwise worldly-wise adults a little crazy.
- Baptiste the ethereal mime (Jean-Louis Barrault), Garance the worldly-wise courtesan (Arletty) and a dozen other scapegraces and victims are creatures with the fullness and .
- However Arabic or Russian the orchestrations, Jarre's music fit the plangent mood of French postwar pop: the mordant, worldly-wise chansons of Gilbert Bcaud, Marguerite .
- Ian McGeechan in guardian.co.uk
The former Lions head coach Ian McGeechan, who coached the midweek team this year and is now in charge of Wasps, said: "Gavin was struggling with an injury during the tour and his frustrations were evident. If he had been more worldly-wise he would...