- a characteristic of or devoted to the temporal world as opposed to the spiritual world
worldly goods and advancement
- s very sophisticated especially because of surfeit; versed in the ways of the world
the benefits of his worldly wisdom
- George Bailey's life is not, in worldly terms, wonderful; he is Bedford Falls' designated saint, a suburban Job, for his fellow townsfolks' use as a friend or generous banker .
- But Loren knew she had something to put on screen besides a spectacular bosom: an actor's passion and skill, a worldly woman's generous, capricious wit.
- Listening to your last album, I thought it had a worldly outlook.
News & Articles
- Quilts for Kiddos to help CASA children
A simple gift of a quilt means the world to a child who has almost nothing to call his own. Children in foster care tend to move over and over again. Many times they travel from one home to another with their worldly possessions in a small plastic bag.
June 21, 2013 - Rolla Daily News
- Harry Connick Jr. strikes an "Every Man" pose with a surprising new album
Harry Connick Jr., playing the Kimmel Tuesday, has always been ready with surprises. He's doing it again with a rule-breaking, worldly-wise set called "Every Man Should Know" that confounds expectations in the best possible way.
June 21, 2013 - Philadelphia Daily News
- Fiddle masters open Blue River Series
Photo: Peter Turchet Husband-and-wife team Donnell Leahy and Natalie MacMaster bring their Cape Breton-influenced, yet worldly show, 'Masters of the Fiddle,' to Breckenridge on Friday, June 21, to open the Blue River Series from the Breckenridge Music Festival.
June 20, 2013 - Summit Daily News
- Serena Williams in ESPN
I try to stay politically neutral, don't get involved in worldly matters,said Williams, who doesn't vote because she is a Jehovah's Witness. "For me, because I am black, seeing that happen, I would be blind if I didn't take interest in...
- Abu Bakar Bashir in Reuters India
Their intention is good; to defend fellow Muslims who have been terrorised by America and its allies. They didn't seek popularity, they didn't seek worldly possessions, they didn't seek any position. All they looked for was Allah's favour,...
- Dermot Ahern in New York Times
It's conceivable that there are those in the Arab world who say to themselves, 'This is a guy who spent some time in the Muslim world, has a middle name of Hussein and appears more worldly and has called for talks with people, and so he's not going... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA New York Daily News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/05/13/2008-05-13_barack_obama_understands_hamas_view.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH6IHP782LctIuEeN-HB87BEEgkpA May 13, 2008
111167 145925 worldwide Millions of people worldwide saw it was a blatant double hand ball, not to mention a double offside," Ahern said. "We should put the powers that be in the cozy world of FIFA on the spot and demand a replay."