- n a person absorbed by the concerns and interests and pleasures of the present world
- n an inhabitant of the earth
- No caged bird, but a delicious, capricious worldling, the Ivory Coast's sensuous, luxury-loving Marie-Thrse Houphouet-Boigny, 31, delights Parisians even more than Jacqueline .
- Now he writes of a crone, cheated of her shadow by a magician of old Spain, and of a romantic worldling who came to the magician's wood to learn the making of gold for his sister's .
- Peeled off The Big Bankroll, Leo Katcher's popular biography of Under-worldling Arnold Rothstein (1882-1928).