workaday : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s found in the ordinary course of events
- Then there are the workaday renovations: the store-bought zest that transforms the meat loaf, the iced tea in a bottle you can take on the run.
- Surely there are nationally famous gray-haired women in more workaday fields, in business and politics and the professions? Uhhh .
- Filipino hotel entertainers proliferate across the globe, but they are merely the workaday exports of a culture that, on its home turf, plays louder, harder and in more diverse .
News & Articles
- Tony Awards: 'Cinderella' costume designer shares his inspiration
When Cinderella transforms from brown workaday togs to the most exquisite ball gown, the audience at the Broadway Theatre bursts into applause.When the town eccentric, outfitted in rags, bursts forth as the perfect fairy godmother, like a butterfly emerging from a chrysalis, the crowd taking in "Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella" gasps.These costumes, which seem to transform before our eyes ...
June 9, 2013 - Zap2It
- Mitchell Stephens in The American Enterprise Online
Or as journalism professor Mitchell Stephens explains, "As they tell their stories, all journalists are encumbered with belief systems, social positions, workaday routines, and professional obligations--all of which affect their selection and...
- Xinran Xue in Scotsman
Xinran writes, "While men are believed to be the strong providers, the roof-beams holding up the house, women are merely fragile, workaday tools, to be used and discarded. Whenever I visit [China], I see hundreds of chopstick girls becoming part of...