- n an adult female person (as opposed to a man)
the woman kept house while the man hunted
- n a female person who plays a significant role (wife or mistress or girlfriend) in the life of a particular man
he was faithful to his woman
- n a human female employed to do housework
I have a woman who comes in four hours a day while I write
- n women as a class
it's an insult to American womanhood
woman is the glory of creation
- Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf is a magnificent leader and an amazing woman.
- I married a young woman I had known since we were 15.
- Before there was an environmental movement, there was one brave woman and her very brave book.
News & Articles
- Woman Attacked By Moose In Kincaid Park
A woman was attacked by a cow moose in Kincaid Park in Anchorage Monday. Parks and Rec says the incident occurred when the woman and her husband were taking an evening walk on the Mize Loop Trail and inadvertently came between the moose and her calf.
June 13, 2013 - Alaska Public Radio Network
- Woman injured riding Citi Bike in lower Manhattan
A woman riding a Citi Bike suffered minor injuries after a vehicle sideswiped the cyclist in lower Manhattan Wednesday, police sources said.
June 13, 2013 - New York Daily News
- Woman stomped by moose at Kincaid Park
A woman walking on a popular Kincaid Park trail was stomped by a moose Monday night after she got between the animal and its calf, an Anchorage parks superintendent said.
June 12, 2013 - Anchorage Daily News
- Barack Obama in Canada Free Press
Obama has already made an attempt to evade personal responsibility for his own surge strategy when he said a couple of weeks ago "War is bigger than any one man or woman, whether a Private, or General or a President."
- Sam Mendes in Washington Post
It defies belief that this gifted, brave, tenacious, wonderful woman is gone,said Mendes, who also directed the Academy Award-winning "American Beauty."
- Mark Sanford in Los Angeles Times
What I would say is that I've never had sex with another woman. Have I done stupid? I have. You know, you meet someone. You dance with them. You go to a place where you probably shouldn't have gone,Sanford said, declining to discuss details.