- v travel through the air; be airborne
- a having wings or as if having wings of a specified kind;
the winged feet of Mercury
- s very fast; as if with wings
on winged feet
- Any one for winged beans? A few years ago, Noel Vietmeyer, a staff director of the National Academy of Sciences, was surprised to find in a collection of.
- It's the season when the red-winged blackbird nests and the males are particularly aggressive.
- When you look at whether we should develop a winged spacecraft or a capsule, the opportunity to do other things beside fly in low Earth orbit weighs very heavily.
News & Articles
- English Flying Reptiles Had Brazilian Relatives
Flying reptiles that once winged around England 110 million years ago are closely related to their contemporaries found in Brazil and elsewhere around the world, new research finds.
June 12, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- English flying reptiles had relatives in Brazil
By Stephanie PappasLiveScience Flying reptiles that once winged around England 110 million years ago are closely related to their contemporaries found in Brazil and elsewhere around the world, new research finds.The new study is the first comprehensive look at the dizzying array of pterosaur bone fragments found in England. These fossils, which date back to the Cretaceous period, are all ...
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Westchester CC's Buckley & Christiana Survive Closing Double-Bogey to Win 77th Anderson Memorial at Winged Foot
For 17 holes the final round of the 77th Anderson Memorial amateur four-ball tournament at Winged Foot was everything promised - an old-fashioned donnybrook between two of the best teams in amateur golf trading uppercuts, haymakers and roundhouses like the champion prizefighters they are.
June 11, 2013 - Cybergolf National
- Joe Kocur in USA Today
This is a very sad day for Red Wings fans as we have lost one of the toughest players, best power forwards and all-around great guys who ever wore the Winged Wheel,Kocur said in a statement. "My favorite memory of Bob would be sitting down...
- Tiger Wood in Houston Chronicle
They are by far the most difficult greens I've ever played,Woods said. "I thought Winged Foot is pretty tough; Augusta (National) is pretty tough. But both golf courses have flat spots. Augusta may have those big, big slopes, but they have...
- Phil Mickelson in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
Winning today gives me satisfaction,Mickelson said. "I believe I can take what happened at Winged Foot and make it a plus for the rest of my career. I think I'm going to be a better driver of the golf ball for the rest of my career. At...