- n an oilman who drills exploratory wells in territory not known to be an oil field
- The original version of this story said that only small wildcatter firms have signed oil deals with the Kurdish Regional Government.
- For five years as a wildcatter, Strake drilled dry well after dry well.
- A spectacularly successful wildcatter, Cullen has given away more money than most men dream of.
News & Articles
- U.S. Energy Boom: Thank You George Mitchell
The future is not what it used to be due to George P. Mitchell, the Texas wildcatter who passed away last week.* He helped usher in a new era of American dynamism by perfecting the hydraulic fracturing techniques (“fracking”) that have unlocked vast gas and oil deposits previously thought ...
Aug. 1, 2013 - Foreign Policy Blogs
- Father Of The Fracking Boom Dies - George Mitchell Urged Greater Regulation Of Drilling
George Phydias Mitchell died Friday, aged 94. The billionaire oilman will be most remembered as a trailblazing wildcatter who set in motion the technological breakthroughs that have led to America's current oil and gas boom.
July 27, 2013 - Forbes
- Oliver Luck in Seattle Post Intelligencer
From this day forward, the Houston 1836 logo will be a symbol of a hard working team that reflects the pride, loyalty, heritage, bravery and most of all......winning spirit and 'wildcatter, go-get-em' attitude of Houstonians and all of Texas,...
- Emile Ramsammy in Edmonton Sun
I hit the lead in cruise and then I realized he was waiting for (Texas Wildcatter),said Ramsammy. "I thought if (Texas Wildcatter) comes and runs by him, I still had enough horse to go on and persevere."