- n any piece of cord that conveys liquid by capillary action
the physician put a wick in the wound to drain it
- n a loosely woven cord (in a candle or oil lamp) that draws fuel by capillary action up into the flame
- As for the shirt, I love it--it's comfortable and wicks away sweat--and I'd wear one all the time if not for its $89 price tag, the cheapest in the line.
- Minimize the problem by wearing form-fitting clothes, preferably a synthetic fabric that wicks away sweat.
- The athletic veil, known as the hijood, is made from high-tech fabric that's meant to wick sweat off the skin.
News & Articles
- Protesters shut down bypass work, again
Tree sitternow perched on equipment boom A group of nearly 50 protesters wandered around in the wick drain field along the northern construction section of the Highway 101 bypass around Willits on Wednesday shutting down construction work.
June 21, 2013 - The Willits News
- Temporary I-5 bridge is complete
Speed of construction is unimpressive “I can’t imagine this being done any faster,” says Don Wick of the Economic Development Association of Skagit County. [“Less than month after collapse, temporary I-5 bridge is finished,” NW Wednesday, June 19.]Well, Mr. Wick, 50-plu
June 20, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Protesters shutdown bypass wick installation June 12
About 27 protesters surrounded the CalTrans contractors in the wick drain field at the north end of the Willits bypass project; forcing the contractor to shut down the work site for most of the day. By the time California Highway Patrol officers arrived in force, the contractor had already left and the protesters walked away.
June 19, 2013 - The Willits News
- Don Pettit in Reuters Canada
The way this works is the cross-section of this cup looks like an airplane wing. The narrow angle here will wick the coffee up,Pettit explained in a video radioed to NASA's Mission Control Center in Houston and broadcast on NASA TV.
- Ronald Reagan in Contra Costa Times
The genius of Charlie Wick lies in his ability to recognize how changing information technology, especially satellite communications, has transformed the international political landscape,Reagan said of Wick in 1988. "He understands the...
- Nancy Reagan in Arizona Republic
Charlie Wick was a loyal and dedicated American who served this country with distinction, and he was a dear friend for over 50 years,former first lady Nancy Reagan said in a statement.