wholemeal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or derived from wheat
- To cut wheat consumption by 10%, a wholemeal loaf, containing more byproducts, will be introduced.
- Originally given to Norwegian school children, Oslo meals (now used in British factories) consist of wholemeal bread, cheese, half an orange, half an apple, a raw carrot, a little .
- Professor Sherman recommends the "longer-extraction" or "wholemeal" flour which discards the coating, but utilizes about 85% of the wheat kernel.
- Hugh Jackman in Sydney Morning Herald
He writes brackets next to things,Jackman says. "It starts with '4am egg whites and piece of dry wholemeal or rye toast'. In brackets, he goes 'yippee'. I rang him and said, 'Which bit is the yippee, the 4am?' He said, 'Man, you get a...