- s denoting a company or law firm owned and run by members of the WASP elite who are generally conservative
the politician tried to hide his white-shoe background
- After all, says Andrea Bernstein, diversity chair at the New York City-- based white-shoe law firm Weil Gotshal, "you never know, when somebody leaves, if she would have been the .
- In June, he completed the purchase of a majority stake in Salomon Smith Barney's brokerage division, instantly turning Morgan Stanley, once an lite white-shoe institution, into .
- If white-shoe formality epitomized the old dispensation, the new one comes more casually attired and with a laidback approach summed up in the quirky names the upstarts have given .
News & Articles
- Law-&-order monitor promises to join forces
The federal monitor tapped to rein in stop-and-frisk yesterday declared himself a “big supporter of law enforcement” and vowed to work with the NYPD “to come up with the best program possible.” White-shoe lawyer Peter Zimroth — who previously served as the city’s corporation counsel under then-Mayor Ed Koch — also...
Aug. 13, 2013 - New York Post
- John McCain in CBS News
Kagan "unmistakably discouraged Harvard students from considering a career in the military -- even while claiming to do otherwise -- by denying military recruiters the same access to Harvard students that was granted to white-shoe law firms,"...
- Jerry Capeci in Editor & Publisher
She can deal with the white-shoe law firms and get down to our level, working closely with reporters,says Capeci, who now runs the ganglandnews.com site. "She knows the hassles and problems we have."