- n a close observer; someone who looks at something (such as an exhibition of some kind)
sky watchers discovered a new star
- n a guard who keeps watch
- n a person who keeps a devotional vigil by a sick bed or by a dead body
- Psychology Professor Sydney Smith, a Democratic poll watcher at the time, said that in the '60s he saw Rehnquist go up to two black men at the polls and say to them, "You're not .
- Swimmer, a shrewd fashion watcher, is a contributing editor at More magazine.
- Hollywood watcher LAIST, which live-blogged the event, reported Nicholson's first words upon receiving his golden popcorn: "I don't give a f!" SCORE: 36.
News & Articles
- Fleckenstein: Easy Money Parade Is Not Going to End
Fund manager and noted Fed-watcher Bill Fleckenstein has very strong opinions on what the Fed does next. A week before the Japanese market's peak, fund manager and noted Fed-watcher Bill Fleckenstein appeared on Talking Numbers and predicted Japanese markets were … Continue reading ?
June 19, 2013 - Talking Numbers via Yahoo! Finance
- Analyst says next-gen iPad mini won’t have a Retina display
Despite numerous reports suggesting Apple’s second-generation iPad mini will ship later this year with a Retina display, one industry watcher believes the Retina-equipped version of Apple’s latest tablet won’t launch until sometime in 2014. According to NPD DisplaySearch analyst Richard Shim, Apple’s next iPad mini will use the same display as the current model, though it will feature an ...
June 19, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Walpole Watcher
Do you know where this is in Walpole? HOW TO SUBMIT Send an email to email@example.com, with the name and location of the subject in the photo along with your name. Make sure to put Walpole Watcher in the subject line. You can also send your guess to Walpole Watcher, Walpole Times, 7 West St., Walpole MA 02081.
June 15, 2013 - The Walpole Times
- Jon Stewart in USA Today
As a performer, I'm truly honored to be hosting the show,Stewart says in a written statement. "Although, as an avid watcher of the Oscars, I can't help but be a little disappointed with the choice."
- Juliana Hatfield in Chicago Tribune
At heart, I am not a rock and roller,Hatfield writes. "At heart I am a librarian, a bird-watcher, a transcendentalist, a gardener, a spinster, a monk. I was like a fish out of water in the modern rock world. That was why I was so often...
- Doug Jones in Napa Valley Register
Del Toro "is not just a filmmaker; he'sa film watcher," said Jones, a creature specialist who also appeared in del Toro's "Mimic" and "Hellboy" and plays two roles in "Pan's Labyrinth."