- n someone who dissipates resources self-indulgently
- One unique wastrel against whom the new Life Movement struggled in vain was Chiang Wei-kuo.
- The larger tale the movie tells is of a slow-witted alcoholic, the wastrel son of a powerful family who found Jesus and Karl Rove (Toby Jones) and, with these two guiding .
- Bud Johnson (Kevin Costner) is a loser, a wastrel, a jerk--and not one of the purportedly adorable kind in the Judd Apatow movies.
News & Articles
- Value Vino: Sherry’s comeback
In the recently concluded four-part PBS series The Hollow Crown , a collection of Shakespeare’s plays dealing with English kings, the tragi-comic character of Falstaff figures prominently—especially in relation to Hal, the wastrel Prince of Wales destined to become Henry V. In a soliloquy in Henry IV , part II, he extolls the virtues of sherry, then known as sherris, or sack, in order both to ...
Oct. 30, 2013 - San Antonio Current