- n a tub in which clothes or linens can be washed
- On washtub, kazoo, stovepipe, scrub board and comb, Kweskin's band plays old-fashioned "good time" music that folk faddists have pronounced the most culturally significant .
- Consider where so many of us see our friends: at the movies, a washtub of popcorn on one armrest, a bladderbuster of Coke on the other.
- It contains a washtub with hand wringer, a coffee grinder, butter churn, mechanical apple peeler and a 1927 Atwater-Kent radioall in working order.
- CJ Walker in Sarasota Herald-Tribune
I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South,Walker said during a speech before the National Negro Business League Convention in July 1912. "From there, I was promoted to the washtub. From there I was promoted to the cook...