wash out :
- v prevent or interrupt due to rain
- v wash free from unwanted substances, such as dirt
- v wear or destroy by the force of water
- v remove by the application of water or other liquid and soap or some other cleaning agent
- v deplete of strength or vitality
- v drain off the color in the course of laundering
- v lose color in the process of being washed
News & Articles
- Rain, rain go out and play!
Annie Linton Aww shucks! The last day of school last Tuesday was a wash out. What usually is the happiest day of the year for most students, became a downpour of torrential rains that seemed to be June’s MO and brought any opportunity for outdoor celebrations to a complete halt.
June 29, 2013 - Springfield Press