- n any small rounded protuberance (as on certain plants or animals)
- n an imperfection in someone or something that is suggestive of a wart (especially in smallness or unattractiveness)
- n (pathology) a firm abnormal elevated blemish on the skin; caused by a virus
- Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn had definite ideas on the best way to cure warts.
- One unexpected wart, it quickly developed, was a constitutional technicality that seems to make Saxbe ineligible for the office until special legislation is passed by Congress .
- Others suffered for months from hideous warts.
- Gordon Ramsay in Melbourne Herald Sun
During the interview, Mr Ramsay commented on Ms Grimshaw's facial mole, asking, "Is that a wart? It looks like your little sister's on your lip."
- Lou Piniella in USA Today
You know the amazing thing about managing a baseball team? If you're a little bit of a worry wart, you have something to worry about every single day,Piniella said. "Halfway through the year, you need a psychiatrist and by the end of the...
- JJ Abrams in The West Australian
Eric had to be a bad guy in a space adventure,Abrams said. "He had to shave his head, put on face tattoos, crazy ears and a huge wart."