- n device that heats water or supplies warmth to a room
- a having or producing a comfortable and agreeable degree of heat or imparting or maintaining heat
- a psychologically warm; friendly and responsive
- a (color) inducing the impression of warmth; used especially of reds and oranges and yellows
- s having or displaying warmth or affection
- s freshly made or left
- s easily aroused or excited
- s characterized by strong enthusiasm
- s characterized by liveliness or excitement or disagreement
- s uncomfortable because of possible danger or trouble
- s of a seeker; near to the object sought
- But the Nature paper argues that warmer sea-surface temperatures will result in stronger storms, because hotter oceans mean the developing storms can draw more warm air, which .
- So it's easy to imagine that on a warmer globe, the damage inflicted by more frequent and severe heat waves would be balanced by the agricultural benefits of warmer temperatures.
- Warmer air can easily translate into warmer oceans--and warm oceans are the jet fuel that drives the hurricane's turbine.
News & Articles
- Weather Forecast: Even warmer today
Today will be sunny and even warmer, according to the National Weather Service, with highs in the mid 90s.
June 11, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Rock River Valley to see warmer temps today, slight chance of rain
You'll notice an up-tick in the heat and humidity today as a warmer air mass moves back into the upper Midwest. It will be cool in the morning with some patchy fog again. We'll go from 60 to about 85 in the afternoon with some puffy fair weather cumulus.
June 11, 2013 - Rockford Register Star
- The World Is Getting Warmer Faster Than Expected
The world is getting warmer faster than anticipated. A new report from the International Energy Agency says global temperatures will rise twice as fast as projected if countries don't act to slash their admissions soon. Released this morning, the IEA report shows carbon diaoxide from energy emissions rose 1.4 percent globally last year, a new record, and puts the world on pace for a 5.3 degree ...
June 10, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Tiger Wood in Sports Network
It's warmer than Florida but nowhere near as humid, which is nice,said Woods. "That's one of the reasons why you run all those miles out here in the heat and stay in decent shape."
- Turnbull in Sydney Morning Herald
Frank is not a political seat warmer or the creation of the Labor Party machine,says Turnbull. "He sometimes reminded me of Jeff Kennett. He is not a man who is afraid of cracking eggs to make an omelette. He was a strong and feisty...
- Robert Gamez in Sydney Morning Herald
The conditions were there, you could go low, for sure,Gamez said. "They were out there for the taking with the wind being down, the weather being warmer, and I thought there would be a lot lower scores."