- s disposed to warfare or hard-line policies
- s suggesting war or military life
- The Hmong, who migrated to Laos from southwestern China in the 19th century, have always been a proud, warlike people.
- That's their reward, and they have to cook and eat it in warlike conditions.
- After hours of the warlike scenario, 13 gunmen, two bystanders and two soldiers lay dead on the concrete.
News & Articles
- Human Nature May Not Be So Warlike After All
Given the long, awful history of violence between groups of people, it's easy to think that humans are predisposed to war. But a new study of violence in modern hunter-gatherer societies, which may hold clues to prehistoric human life, suggests that warlike behavior is a relatively recent phenomenon.
July 18, 2013 - Wired News
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Reuters
This warlike language is the negation of basic democratic rules,said Sarkozy, adding it was an unprecedented attack.
- Brian Roehrkasse in Houston Chronicle
Brian Roehrkasse, a Justice Department spokesman, said the decision properly recognized "the president's authority to capture and detain al-Qaida agents who, like the 9/11 hijackers, come to this country to commit or facilitate warlike acts against...
- Maureen Dowd in Washington Post
Even our warlike national anthem has been transformed, from blaring horns to peaceful, soothing stringswrote Maureen Dowd in the New York Times, in a column about the toning-down of US bravado at the Athens games.