- n United States artist who was a leader of the Pop Art movement (1930-1987)
News & Articles
- Warhol pal’s pad on block
One of Andy Warhol’s “superstars” is selling her Art Deco apartment near Madison Square Park for $1.2 million.Brigid Berlin, 74, bought the apartment at 140 E. 28th St. because it was near Warhol’s art studio.“I want to move uptown to be closer to my sister...
June 12, 2013 - New York Post
- Linkage: Warhol Buddy Lists; Brooklyn Library Branches Need Repairs
· Warhol friend Brigid Berlin selling 28th Street apartment · Brooklyn Public Library branches need $300 million worth of repairs · 'Burg takes on 1920s Chicago look for Boardwalk Empire · NYC could start exporting architectural drawings · Coney...
June 12, 2013 - Curbed New York
- Warhol works to be on display at MWPAI
Sixty-three prints of Warhol’s “greatest hits” are in Utica for the exhibition, “The Prints of Andy Warhol: From A to B and Back Again,” circulated by The Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh. The exhibit, hosted by Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute’s Museum of Art, runs through Sunday, Sept. 8.
June 11, 2013 - The Evening Times
- Guy Pearce in Belfast Telegraph
I had just played Andy Warhol in a film where it was important to stay factually correct,Guy explains. "So a part of me was saying, 'Do I really want to take on the role of a self-promoting megastar?' I said to Gill initially, 'I don't...
- Jeff Koons in Automobile Magazine
I always thought it would be an honor to work on a BMW Art Car. I look forward to participating in a tradition set forth by such great artists as Alexander Calder, Roy Lichtenstein, Frank Stella, and Andy Warhol,said Koons.
- Lars Nittve in Forbes
These boxes are not authorized by the artist and should be removed from the official list of Andy Warhol Brillo boxes,Nittve wrote in the letter.