- n English writer (1925-1994)
- n a group of seven bright stars in the constellation Ursa Major
- n large open farm wagon
- Kipling's scriptural utterance (that "East is East, and West is West, and never the twain shall meet") is made to appear more pontifical than profound by Authoress Wain's House .
- Anyone would have thought that this slow vehicle was a bandwagon instead of a gypsy's wain, so pompously did it roll along and so bombastic were the sentiments delivered in it.
- wain has chosen commercial success over artistic success because art comes from our hearts and souls, and it is obvious Shania has no soul.