vulgarian : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a vulgar person (especially someone who makes a vulgar display of wealth)
- No vulgarian (red vest, shock of red hair, silk hat) could be as preposterous as Jiggs; no scowling, tight-lipped lady as savage as Maggie.
- Rather than a fictional alter ego, Angstrom was a vulgarian, a crass, lusty, middle-class salesman, through whom Updike anatomized and dramatized the great American spiritual and .
- Mencken is portrayed as a loud-mouthed vulgarian and an intellectual fraud with but a single saving grace, his love of music.
News & Articles
- It's National Martini Day, Here's How To Fix A Proper Martini
That vulgarian James Bond popularized shaken martinis, but is that really the best way to prepare them? And how does stirring change the cocktail? What exactly makes a martini a martini , anyway? All these questions and more have been racing through our heads as the sun creeps over the yardarm on National Martini Day, a sacred made-up holiday that gives us unnecessary encouragement to booze it ...
June 20, 2013 - Gothamist
- Emily Post in Mirror.co.uk
Nineteenth century etiquette expert Emily Post said: "One who is rich does not make a display of his money. Only a vulgarian talks ceaselessly about how much this or that cost."
- Pierce Brosnan in CBS News
Brosnan says the role was "complete liberation. I could go wherever I wanted to go with the performance, with the character. You kind of like the character. There is a vulnerability to this man. He is a pathetic vulgarian. When I read it I just...
- Kevin Smith in TIME
He's a true vulgarian,says Kevin Smith. "The devil himself. Satan! Lucifer!"