vigor : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n forceful exertion
- n active strength of body or mind
- n an imaginative lively style (especially style of writing)
- Worker output slackens around the world Since productivity is a key indicator of a nation's economic vigor, the figures issued last week by the Labor Department made.
- The maps and machinery of these new pioneers took mankind to another world; cool heads and Lady Luck carried them home to their families; and Kennedy's vigor lit the fire beneath .
- As a young man full of vigor he had jumped into the sea from rocks near his home, a fishing village in the northern Spanish region of Galicia.
News & Articles
- SOCCER: Union bow out in 4th round of U.S. Open Cup to D.C.
BOYDS, Md. - In a semipro setting in the amateur confines of the Maryland SoccerPlex, the Philadelphia Union about matched the intensity and vigor brought by the smattering of fans Wednesday night. In front of the sparse crowd of supporters, the Union endured a listless first 75 minutes before eventually bowing out to D.C. United, 3-1, in the fourth round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. The ...
June 13, 2013 - The Mercury
- U.S. Open Cup: D.C. much more United than Union
BOYDS, Md. — In a semipro setting in the amateur confines of the Maryland SoccerPlex, the Philadelphia Union matched the intensity and vigor brought by the smattering of fans Wednesday night.
June 13, 2013 - Delaware County Daily Times
- SLIDESHOW: Vigor Industrial and SSCC teaming up to launch Harbor Island training center
UPDATE June 7 South Seattle Community College and Vigor Industrial celebrated the opening of the newest extension of the SSCC campus, the Harbor Island Training Center located literally on site at the Vigor Shipyard on Harbor Island. The ribbon cutting featured State Rep. Larry Seaquist, chair of the House Higher Education Committee, Vigor Industrial CEO Frank Foti, SSCC President Gary Oertli ...
June 7, 2013 - West Seattle Herald
- Humayun in PeriÃ³dico 26
A spokesperson for Karzai said that Senator Obama affirmed that he is "committed to supporting Afghanistan and to continue the war against terrorism with vigor."
- Ben Bernanke in Beliefnet.com
A few days later, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said the US economy will "emerge from this period with renewed vigor."
- Husain Haqqani in International Herald Tribune
Pakistan's ambassador to the US, Husain Haqqani, said in a statement that his country is "confronting the menace of terrorism with great vigor."