- n elevated open grassland in southern Africa
- This frenetic scene took place late last year not in Melbourne or Adelaide but in Potchefstroom, on the high veldt near Johannesburg.
- For two days he had been camping on the veldt without food when, cresting a hill, he had a feverish vision.
- Marty finds that he looks exactly like all the other zebras on the veldt, or at least he does to Alex a critique of racial stereotyping that the movie doesn't push too hard.
- Warren Gatland in ic Wales
Wales have never won in South Africa,said Gatland. "We know that playing two Test matches on the high veldt is very difficult." "We have been looking at some comparisons with football. We haven't looked at how any of the rugby sides...
- Andrew Hore in Stuff.co.nz
It's a tough game but probably no tougher than last week on the high veldt,Hore said of last Sunday's 30-7 loss to the Lions.