- v become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one's or its former characteristics or essence
- v be at variance with; be out of line with
- v be subject to change in accordance with a variable
- v make something more diverse and varied
- s marked by diversity or difference
the varying angles of roof slope
- With prices varying by up to 50 cents from one station to the next in some cities, it pays to stay informed.
- With her indefatigable persistence, resourcefulness and good humor, Arianna, 55, has gone from ambitious project to ambitious project with varying degrees of success, finding .
- There have been other megablonds of varying skills, a pinup parade of Jean Harlow, Carole Lombard, Jayne Mansfield, Mamie Van Doren and Madonna but why does Marilyn still seem .
News & Articles
- How to: Rag and Bone’s graphic retro eye makeup
Posted in Fashion / Fashion blog / Make-up / Make-up & beauty / New York fashion week The 1960s are all over the runways this year and we’re not complaining. Bold colors, graphic prints and that signature mod look are a common trend in a lot of runway shows. Different designers and brands have used the 60s inspiration in varying ways but for the Rag and Bone’s fall 2013 show at New York fashion ...
June 16, 2013 - StyleBistro
- From raises to cuts: A look at Yuba-Sutter budgets
City coffers are looking plentiful - or at least a lot less rocky - in Live Oak and Wheatland than the budgets to varying degrees in Yuba City, Marysville and the counties of Yuba and Sutter. Live Oak officials attribute many things to their financial stability, from taking advantage of grant...
June 16, 2013 - Appeal-Democrat
- Arianna Huffington: Sunday Roundup
This week brought several reminders of the virtues of skepticism. On Thursday, the Obama administration announced it would "dramatically" increase U.S. aid to the Syrian rebels, citing an upgrade from "varying degrees of confidence" in April to "high confidence" this week that the Syrian government had used chemical weapons. So the U.S. inches down the road of mission creep in a civil war ...
June 16, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Barack Obama in CBC.ca
I know there have been varying reports over the last few days about how large the leak is, but since no one can get down there in person, there is a level of uncertainty,Obama said. "But as Admiral Thad Allen said today, our mobilization...
- Erik Prince in Washington Post
With less than three months to go before the election, a lot of people are still trying to square Sen. Obama's varying positions on the surge in Iraq. First, he opposed the surge and confidently predicted that it would fail. Then he tried to... John McCain http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEhauRSvpu74c5JI21AhXVu-x_kmQ Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/18/AR2008081800862.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGLPygxLVZP9xxxFuzzCNWZtK-90w Aug 18, 2008
107255 140527 varying There has been a rush to judgment based on inaccurate information, and many public reports have wrongly pronounced Blackwater's guilt for the deaths of varying numbers of civilians," Prince said in testimony to be presented at the hearing,...