- r with variation; in a variable manner or to a variable degree
it will be variably cloudy
- In every election year, businessmen in variably begin urging one another to be come more active in politics.
- What America is finding out is that you can't have professionals who are driven purely by a market-based system or even variably influenced by profit-based motives.
- As a medical innovator, Batista is variably described as a madman, a genius--or both.
News & Articles
- Wish you weren't here
FILM Austrian Ulrich Seidl has been making films since the early 1980s, but didn't get much attention internationally until 2001's Dog Days , a bleak and nasty ensemble piece about some seemingly ordinary — but all variably pathetic, ugly and/or perverse — Viennese suburbanites sweating through a heat wave.
June 12, 2013 - San Francisco Bay Guardian
- Variably cloudy with scattered afternoon storms
Skies will be variably cloudy today as high clouds stream in from the west and low clouds will develop through the late morning and afternoon. Rain chance is 40% mainly this afternoon and it will be hot with a heat index approaching 100! A pattern change brings WSW winds tomorrow through Friday. This wind direction will limit rain chances to deep inland locations, keeping the coast mainly dry ...
June 11, 2013 - WTSP-TV Tampa
- Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan in WAM - Emirates News Agency
Despite all the negative effects of the crisis, which variably hit all countries of the world, they have proven that our economy is solid and capable of absorbing its various ramifications,Sheikh Khalifa said in his speech to the FNC's fourth...
- Vinton Cerf in Register
The planets rotate, and we haven't figured out how to stop that,Cerf said. "It's a very disruptive system, and it's potentially a variably delayed system, because these planets are moving further apart based on our orbits."
- Erik Trinkaus in ABC Science Online
There is an abundant corpus of literature that shows that when modern humans spread across Europe, they variably absorbed the Neanderthals into those populations,says author Erik Trinkaus, professor of anthropology at Washington University....