- r to no avail
the city fathers tried vainly to find a solution
- Gibson finally lets out a tortured howl, digs vainly for a cigarette in his empty pack of Camels and turns the set into his own Thunderdome.
- Trying vainly to lurk more than post, but .
- Even before Project Apollo was on the launchpad, he tried vainly to persuade NASA to include a pedal-powered vehicle.
News & Articles
- Senate Student Loan Proposals Fail To Advance As Rate Surge Looms
Some 7 million college students will see their borrowing costs double next week after Republicans and Democrats paid little attention to the issue for 11 months, then spent the past month vainly squabbling over a solution.
June 28, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- A bit left in the tank for Team Transcript
As any Boston sports fan paying attention over the last few weeks realizes, knowing when to vainly grasp at another unlikely shot at a title, and knowing when to blow the whole thing up is a tricky proposition.
June 27, 2013 - The Daily News Transcript
- Abraham Lincoln in Christian Science Monitor
In his Thanksgiving proclamation, the Calvinist Lincoln warned Americans that they had forgotten God: "We have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our...
- Wen Jiabao in China Post
It is the people's will for cross-Strait relations to develop in a direction of peace, stability and mutual benefit,Wen says. "Anyone who vainly seeks to destroy this great trend will certainly fail."
- Talat Aziz in Lucknow Newsline
Organisations politically inimical to good governance in Tamil Nadu are vainly hoping to drive a wedge between us and our allies the Congress. Their hopes will be dashed as my government will not tolerate any activity seen as a challenge to... M Karunanidhi http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Karunanidhi&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGAQ2i_E2DU3kuvenpbm_DTlFTYpQ Thaindian.com (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/uncategorized/arrested-tamil-movie-directors-remanded-in-judicial-custody_100111563.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFJYv26zrjQmCPQCTwr9A07O1fHDw Oct 25, 2008
106990 140198 vaishnava My film has shown what music meant to Gandhiji, and also his favourite bhajans," says Aziz who has directed A Tribute to Mahatma Gandhi and Music. "Besides the popular Raghupati Raghav, others like Vaishnava Janto and Ram kaho, Rahman kaho...