vacant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s void of thought or knowledge
a vacant mind
- s without an occupant or incumbent
the throne is never vacant
- The controversies surrounding some of the recent gubernatorial appointments to vacant Senate seats make it painfully clear that such appointments are an anachronism that must end.
- I live in a very prosperous neighborhood of New York City, the Upper West Side, where the main thoroughfare, Broadway, is full of vacant storefronts.
- In Detroit, 10,000 houses stand vacant, victims of fire.
News & Articles
- Vacant Muskegon Heights home burns, damages neighboring residence
The home was vacant, Dean said, and is believed to be insured.
June 12, 2013 - The Muskegon Chronicle
- Vacant home burns to ground near Fair Grove
FAIR GROVE, Mo. - Crews from four fire districts responded to a blaze in Fair Grove that ultimately burned a vacant home to the ground.
June 12, 2013 - KSPR Springfield
- Vacant mobile home burns, believed to be arson
A vacant mobile home with no electricity burned in the Crown Hill area of East Bank on Sunday night, said Kanawha County Fire Coordinator C.W. Sigman. "We strongly believe it was arson," Sigman said. East Bank Fire Department responded ab...
June 10, 2013 - Charleston Daily Mail
- Dick Durbin in FOXNews
The secretary of the Senate has determined that the new credentials presented today on behalf of Mr. Burris now satisfy Senate Rules and validate his appointment to the vacant Illinois Senate seat,Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said in a...
- Roberto Donadoni in Independent
Donadoni said in a statement released to PA Sport: "I would like to thank West Ham United Football Club for approaching and speaking with me in relation to the vacant manager's position at the club. I welcomed the opportunity of speaking with such a...
- Didier Deschamps in Mirror.co.uk
Nevertheless, Deschamps added: "Chelsea is different as the place is vacant. I'm flattered to be a possibility. We'll see in the next few days how it goes. Three or four managers are on the list, and I'm one of them. All the big-name managers who...