- n doctrine that the useful is the good; especially as elaborated by Jeremy Bentham and James Mill; the aim was said to be the greatest happiness for the greatest number
- But for Sullivan, "function" was not bare-boned utilitarianism.
- With dullness and utilitarianism, they whore themselves out to men who no longer find the Batman and Robin relationship satisfying.
- John Stuart Mill said the golden rule Do unto others as you would have them do unto you is the essence of utilitarianism.
News & Articles
- Guest Column: To A Bright New World
In this era of standardization and utilitarianism, it is heartening to hear a government-appointed committee come to the conclusion that our educational system should be placing more emphasis on the arts and humanities, particularly language. “The Heart of the Matter,” a report on the...
July 10, 2013 - The Valley Advocate
- Benigno Aquino III in Philippine Star
Tell us what you need, and we will give it to you as long as they are based on principles of professionalism and utilitarianism, as long as they will benefit the whole institution and not only the interests of the few,he said.
- Boris Johnson in Telegraph.co.uk
Boris Johnson, the Tory higher education spokesman, said: "A lot of people will be nervous that the Labour Government is going down the drab utilitarianism route of Charles Clarke."