- n a hollow muscular organ in the pelvic cavity of females; contains the developing fetus
- Other common reasons for hysterectomy include endometriosis, or growth of tissue outside the uterus, and pelvic pain.
- Five days after fertilization, the donor's uterus was flushed with a nutrient solution and the embryo was recovered and implanted in the infertile woman's uterus.
- She was awake and relaxed enough to let me watch (weird, I know) as Bennett inserted first a thin camera into her uterus and then, using a video monitor as a guide, a small coil .
News & Articles
- Hormone therapy indirectly targets endometrial cancer
The female hormone progesterone has been used for several decades as a therapy for endometrial cancer, which starts in the lining of the uterus. Yet scientists didn't understand the mechanisms behind the therapy or its site of action.
June 14, 2013 - UC Newsroom
- New Mirena IUD Lawsuit on Uterus Perforation: Now, AttorneyOne Can Provide Advice
According to court documents, on April 12, a woman filed a lawsuit in the Morris County Civil Division alleging uterus perforation caused by her Mirena IUD. In light of this news, AttorneyOne, a recognized authority on law, informs that they are now providing advice, including how to get in contact with legal counsel, to people potentially affected by Mirena IUD serious complications. (PRWeb ...
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Lawsuit has legislator pondering future oversights for state’s abortion clinics
A lawsuit filed by a former patient at an abortion clinic in Charleston says a doctor ignored her wish to halt the procedure after she developed severe pain, leaving the head of the unborn child in her uterus. Based on news accounts of the lawsuit, alleging a botched abortion, state Sen. Daniel Hall, D-Wyoming, wondered Tuesday if the Legislature needs to pursue some avenue of oversight at Women ...
June 12, 2013 - The Register-Herald
- Orrin Hatch in Reuters India
I do not consider a frozen embryo to be a human life until is implanted in a woman's uterus,Hatch said.
- Scott Peterson in San Diego Union Tribune
The only internal organ that was present was the uterus,Peterson told jurors. "I was limited by the fact there was so much of the body absent."
- John Hodgman in Cinematical (blog)
One little problem: her chances of actually having a child are one in a million ("I just don't like your uterus," is what Kate's fertility doctor, played by The Daily Show's John Hodgman, tells her).