- n North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
- n a base containing nitrogen that is found in RNA (but not in DNA) and derived from pyrimidine; pairs with adenine
- n a heavy toxic silvery-white radioactive metallic element; occurs in many isotopes; used for nuclear fuels and nuclear weapons
- n the 21st letter of the Roman alphabet
- LeBron James in ABC Online
The things that the Miami Heat franchise have done to be able to free up (salary) cap space and to be able to put themselves in a position this summer to have all three of us, it was hard to turn down,James said. "Those are two great...
- David Villa in The Associated Press
We've shown that in the big moments we can grow even more,Villa said. "We should have scored more goals, but one from Puyol has put us in the final."
- Erin Murphy in The Associated Press
I think it's a lesson that video can only get us so far,Murphy said.