- n the condition of being urbanized
- n the social process whereby cities grow and societies become more urban
- While China has undergone rapid industrialisation and urbanisation in the past three decades, development has become increasingly lopsided.
- Thoraya Obaid in BBC News
What happens in the cities of Africa and Asia and other regions will shape our common future,says UNFPA Executive Director Thoraya Ahmed Obaid. "We must abandon a mindset that resists urbanisation and act now to begin a concerted global...
- Simon Crean in The Australian
India's changing demographics, particularly its growing middle class and urbanisation, is creating real potential for the trade growth and Australia is well placed to provide high-value dairy products,Mr Crean said.
- Wang Qishan in AFP
China is a big and populous developing country at a stage of accelerated industrialisation and urbanisation,Wang wrote. "This has led to heavy consumption of energy and resources and made the task of protecting the environment a daunting...