- n (Greek mythology) god of the heavens; son and husband of Gaea and father of the Titans in ancient mythology
- n a giant planet with a ring of ice particles; the 7th planet from the sun has a blue-green color and many satellites
News & Articles
- Weekly horoscope (June 13-19)
The ongoing tension between Uranus and Pluto is punctuated this week by transiting Venus by Vivian Carol Gemini The Twins (May 20-June 21): A cycle which has been with you for one year comes to a successful end. The positive results will continue through time.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 13, 2013 - Creative Loafing Charlotte
- Geoffrey Marcy in TopNews
So far we've found Jupiters and Saturns, and now our technology is becoming good enough to detect planets smaller, more like the size of Uranus and Neptune, and even smaller,said Geoff Marcy of the University of California, Berkeley.
- Dennis Miller in New York Times
phenomenon Ken Jennings, partly for missing an astronomy question, Mr. Miller says that this is evidence that "It never serves one well to utter the word 'Uranus.' "
- Eddie McGuire in The Australian
We monitored Franklin the whole time he was on Mars. We want him and I've written to Jeff Kennett saying he is our player. For heaven's sake, it is not like we have just plucked him out of Uranus, Jeff,McGuire said.