- n a transaction in the stock market at a price above the price of the preceding transaction
- And with the public so soured on the Republican in the White House, and so many other trends working against them, including an uptick in the percentage of Americans identifying .
- Despite a recent small uptick in violent crime, most Americans are still by and large safer than they were in the crack-fueled early 1990s.
- Counselors at Stanford University have observed an uptick in women who had "regretted sex" while drunk.
- Sergio Marchionne in USA Today
There has already been an uptick in customer traffic in our dealerships in the first quarter, and we are confident that sales will continue to increase as we launch new products in the second quarter,Marchionne said.
- Ben Affleck in FOXNews
I'm really glad that more people are paying more attention to (Congo) now but I'm really saddened that it's taken this uptick in violence to make that happen,Affleck said. "My hope in being here is primarily to bring attention to the fact...
- William Caldwell in Forbes
There is a recognition clearly that up in Diyala there has been an uptick in the violence,Caldwell said at a news conference in Baghdad.