- n a state of commotion and noise and confusion
- n loud confused noise from many sources
- It's been a rough year for Jehuda Reinharz, not least because of the uproar over his school's proposal to sell off part of its art collection.
- In many parts of the nation, an uproar is rising that is making an old question this year's newest election issue: abortion.
- Secretary of State John Foster Dulles last week found himselfsurely without surprisein the center of a new national and international uproar.
News & Articles
- Round Lake village residents in uproar over library employee's firing
ROUND LAKE — The tiny village is in an uproar, Mayor Dixie Lee Sacks said, over the firing of a well-liked veteran library employee who closed the library 40 minutes early last week, without permission, because of the threat of tornados in the area.
June 11, 2013 - Community News
- Coheed And Cambria Announce Uproar Off Dates With Circa Survive
Coheed And Cambria have announced plans to play two headline dates featuring support from Circa Survive while they are out on tour as part of this year's Uproar Festival tour
June 10, 2013 - antiMUSIC
- Uproar over library worker's firing
Uproar over library worker's firing Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 8:49 am, Thursday, June 6, 2013 Village residents are outraged over a report that the Round Lake Library director fired a longtime and popular employee for closing the facility 40 minutes early in the face of last ...
June 6, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Pope Benedict XVI in USA Today
That the quiet gesture of extending a hand gave rise to a huge uproar, and this became exactly the opposite of a gesture of reconciliation, is a fact which we must accept,Benedict said.
- Garry Trudeau in Boston Globe (registration)
The way I see it, if Obama wins, I'm in the flow and commenting on an extraordinary phenomenon,Trudeau said. "If he loses, there'll be such a national uproar that a blown call in a comic strip won't be much noticed. Besides, I'll be the...
- Alexander Lukashenko in Washington Post
But at the start of a second day of meetings, Lukashenko said, "I was surprised that this visit has caused all this uproar in the West. There is no wider meaning here."