- n the property of being upright in posture
- n position at right angles to the horizon
- n righteousness as a consequence of being honorable and honest
- It was, in many ways, a Jimmy Swaggart moment for New York State: the sloppy fall of a man known for his uprightness, his starched shirts (white shirts every day), and the vigorous .
- I care not in what words we put it honesty in Government, fidelity in administration, uprightness in the administration of the law, justice in the passage of legislationit .
- That you will be loyal to the Profession of Medicine and just and generous to its members; That you will lead your lives and practice your art in uprightness and honor; That into .
News & Articles
- My Amish Home: Tours help turn dreary days upside-down
Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Quicken me, O Lord, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble. And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul; for I am thy servant.Psalm 143: 10-12 read more
April 9, 2014 - IlliniHQ.com
- Jose Mourinho in Times Online
A player who wants to be the best one of the world, and he already may be, should have the uprightness and the sufficient maturity to verify that against facts there are not arguments,Mourinho said. "If he says that it is a lie that...
- Gideon Gono in International Herald Tribune
Gono said bank licenses were to be renewed on their "compliance record, discipline and uprightness in observing the country's laws," including anti-money laundering measures.
- Robert Sobukwe in Dispatch Online
True leadership demands complete subjugation of self, absolute honesty, integrity and uprightness of character, courage and fearlessness and above all a consuming love for one's people,said Sobukwe.