- n a transmission from Earth to a spacecraft or the path of such a transmission
- That limited the number of possible sources to about 580 commercial "uplink" facilities.
- The user typically must use terrestrial phone lines to send data back to the satellite and that limits the so-called uplink speed to that of a standard 56-kilobit-per-second modem.
- More important, Gorman was lining up wider distribution via two Louisiana TV stations and a satellite uplink -- a purchase that was scheduled to occur the day he quit the church.
- Kermit Poling in News-Journal.com
Part of the satellite uplink that connects the studios with our transmitters has developed a technical problem and we're working with NPR to find a suitable replacement,explained Kermit Poling, general manager of Red River Radio.