- v become turned or set on end
the airplanes upended
- v set, turn, or stand on end
upend the box and empty the contents
- A pilot project aims to upend the publishing industry, and help strapped students, by offering textbooks free of charge online.
- The president and general manager of the Brooklyn Dodgers was the one with the will and the power to upend the idiotic myopia of the sport's other sachems.
- Ridley Scott has a gift for taking old movie ideas and investing them with chic menaceuntil they not only look new but also upend the whole genre.
News & Articles
- Sporting Kansas City vs FC Dallas Saturday Preview
Sporting Kansas City will travel to Texas, looking to upend Western Conference leaders FC Dallas Saturday night at FC Dallas Stadium. Video: Sporting KC Manager Peter Vermes previews the club's upcoming match with FC Dallas
June 22, 2013 - Kansas City InfoZine
- Sporting Kansas City hits the road to face FC Dallas
KANSAS CITY, KAN. ---- Sporting Kansas City will travel to Texas this weekend, looking to upend Western Conference leaders FC Dallas Saturday night at FC Dallas Stadium.
June 22, 2013 - Kansas City Kansan
- AP Analysis: Protests threaten Erdogan ambitions
ISTANBUL (AP) — Three weeks of protest have taken a political toll on Turkey's prime minister that could upend key parts of his political agenda, including his ambition to rework the constitution and emerge as Turkey's most powerful leader in its democratic era.
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Outlook
But this economic crisis, left unresolved, will create massive unemployment. It will upend governments. It will, unfortunately, breed instability,Clinton said.
- Aaron Rowand in SI.com
You know a couple of swings the last couple of years, a couple of crazy bounces in the outfield, it happens,Philadelphia outfielder Aaron Rowand said. "They've got it rolling on their side right now and we've got to upend them. There's a...
- Jonathan Rauch in San Francisco Chronicle
Rauch sees "marriage's deepest roots in its function rather than its boundaries, and which emphasizes the desire of marrying gay couples to carry forward the ancient tradition rather than to upend it."