- a (of pictures) not having shadow represented
unshaded drawings resembling cartoons
- a not darkened or dimmed by shade
an unshaded meadow
a bright and unshaded lane
- To all the evacuees Poston (a conglomeration of cheerless wooden barracks on the unshaded desert) seemed like a concentration camp.
- A high canopy prevents sunlight and heat from ever reaching the ground; by contrast, unshaded asphalt soaks up thermal energy and radiates it back, creating what is known as heat .
- The summer temperature rises to 38C as we enter the unshaded canyon.
News & Articles
- NH woman accused of leaving kids in hot car
A New Hampshire woman has been accused of leaving her two young children locked inside a hot car for 22 minutes while she went shopping. Thirty-three-year-old Marie Dennis of Derry faces charges of endangering the welfare of a child, resisting arrest and second-degree assault. She's pleaded not guilty. Authorities said Dennis parked her car in an unshaded area of the Wal-Mart parking ...
June 27, 2013 - WPTZ Burlington
- Margaret Atwood in National Post
Referring to the "lurid, trashy 1940s crime comics" she read as a kid, Atwood writes, "In these moral though gruesome narratives, the criminals committed many noir deeds, usually in the glare of a single, unshaded light bulb or two...