- s not in keeping with accepted standards of what is right or proper in polite society
unseemly to use profanity
- While looking back at parts of his presidency that had fallen short, the President asserted that he wasn't feeling sorry for himself, and that to do so would be unseemly.
- As details poured out about the illegal and unseemly activities of Republican lobbyist Jack Abramoff, White House officials sought to portray the scandal as a Capitol Hill affair .
- Most of the city's hoarier establishments serve the dish with such reverence that visibly enjoying it can feel as unseemly as laughing at a wake.
News & Articles
- Kowtowing to Moscow on missiles endangers America and the world
By Tribune-Review The Obama administration’s wavering on U.S. missile defense is driven by its unseemly desperation to further weaken national security by “negotiating” more cuts in strategic ...
June 12, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Did the State Department Cover Up Prostitution and Drug Scandals?
In other whistle-blowing news, a 26-year veteran of the State Department, who worked as an inspector general investigator, claims that probes into unseemly cases involving security forces paying for sex and drugs on the job "were influenced, manipulated, or simply called off" under Hillary Clinton, CBS reports . Aurelia Fedenisn is calling it a cover-up and has a memo detailing the ...
June 11, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Kathy Sullivan Who is going after Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, and why?
The unseemly nexus between politican campaigning and issue advocacy is revealed in NH.
June 11, 2013 - New Hampshire Union Leader
- Charlie Rangel in The Associated Press
She says it's unseemly,Rangel says of his wife's advice. "I say, `Suppose it's not real. As long as they keep saying these things until I die, what difference does it make?'"
- Susan Collins in Asia Times Online
There is something unseemly about Goldman betting against the housing market at the same time it is selling to its clients mortgage-backed securities of toxic loans,Susan Collins (R-ME) said.
- Max Baucus in Forbes
The Finance Committee has yet to consider legislation to reduce (Medicare Advantage) funding, making the pre-emptive nature of CMS action that much more unseemly,Baucus said.