- n (psychology) the configuration of smaller units of information into large coordinated units
- n the act of packaging cargo into unit loads
- n conversion of an investment trust into a unit investment trust
- n the joint development of a petroleum resource that straddles territory controlled by different companies
- By eliminating the fierce competition between neighboring leaseholders, unitization can reduce and control venting, actually step up production for a field as a whole.
News & Articles
- Forced Pooling Push Finds New Energy
Whether one wants to call it "forced pooling" or "unitization," Tim Greene said allowing Marcellus and Utica shale natural gas producers to drill on unleased land will give the industry an unfair advantage in dealing with mineral owners.
Feb. 20, 2014 - The Intelligencer / Wheeling News-Register