- a not fruitful; not conducive to abundant production
- Had President Coolidge decided to try again for a naval disarmament parley similar to the unfruitful Geneva Conference initiated by him last year?.
- If his specific initiative proves unfruitful, there remains a danger that both sides might once again gear up for war.
- The sparring went on hour after unfruitful hour.
News & Articles
- Voting Rights Act decision dangerous
When the U.S. Supreme Court struck down key provisions in the Voting Rights Act this week, many in state government gave a cheer. After a lengthy and yet unfruitful process to draw redistricting lines in Alaska, there is no question that the federal oversight of those districts and Alaska's voting practices in general are a thorn in the side of the state.
June 28, 2013 - The Bristol Bay Times
- Tim Freedman in ABC Online
Sit at the piano, doodle, get into a half trance, make mistakes,is how Tim describes his writing routine. "Sometimes you can have an unfruitful three hours but if you keep doing it every day, after two weeks, the wheels start getting oiled...