- a (of birds) not yet having developed feathers
a small unfledged sparrow on the window sill
- s (of an arrow) not equipped with feathers
shot an unfledged arrow
- s young and inexperienced
an unfledged lawyer
- Single sun worshippers are put through a long probation period before becoming fully unfledged members, thus ensuring that they do not join merely to play hide and peek.
- Romans were busy converting their palazzi into flats for tourists; there were no commissions for an unfledged architetto veneziano.
- As important to the authors as the practical instructions for "unfledged surgeons" are the simple, poetical introductory chapters on the "science of gentleness.
News & Articles
- REPORT FROM THE BEACH: Crossover open but high tides could limit access
The Crossover at Plymouth Long Beach currently has access for 60 to 70 vehicles. Unfledged piping plover and least tern chicks are located to the north of the current vehicle area, so this restriction will remain in place until these chicks are able to fly, that’s expected to occur around Aug. 14. The Long Beach staff will monitor these tern and plover chicks closely, and any changes in vehicle ...
July 19, 2013 - Old Colony Memorial & Plymouth Bulletin