- a not gained by merit or labor or service
accepted the unearned rewards that came his ways as well as the unearned criticism
an unearned run
- Says Lawrence Lindsey, assistant professor of economics at Harvard: "A middle-class person is someone who expects to be self-reliant, unlike the upper class with its unearned .
- At 27, he was ready to put the lessons of hard experience to good use and had little respect for authority he deemed inept or unearned.
- The rest of us, whose looks hover somewhere around underwhelming, resent them and whisper archly of their "unearned attention.
News & Articles
- West Plains holds off Hopper, 4-3
Hopper Environmental Services rallied to within one run, but four unearned, third-inning runs put the Exterminators in a hole they could not climb out of in a 4-3 loss to the West Plains, Mo., Junior American Legion team Thursday at Cooper Park.
June 21, 2013 - Baxter Bulletin
- Bellingham defeats Merchants 3-1
BELLINGHAM -- Four Bellingham pitchers combined to allow just three Everett hits and one unearned run, as the Bells beat the Merchants 3-1 in a Pacific International League game on Saturday night.
June 21, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Tri-City Valleycats hit homers in 9-6 win over Vermont Lake Monsters
TROY — The Tri-City ValleyCats improved to 2-0 this season with some opportunistic play Tuesday night, combining home runs by Tony Kemp and Dan Gulbransen with five unearned runs, and with fairly good pitching for a 9-6 victory over the Vermont Lake Monsters.
June 21, 2013 - Community News
- John Edwards in Washington Post
We need to reform our tax code,Edwards said. "Our current system favors the unearned income of people already doing incredibly well instead of rewarding the work of families trying to get ahead. It has all kinds of loopholes and shelters...
- Dusty Baker in 940 News
Three times we could have won the game and three times they fought back,Baker said. "You hate to see Edinson lose that game on an unearned run when we were out of the inning."
- Jerry Narron in USA Today
Three unearned runs - those guys right now are finding ways to win games,manager Jerry Narron said. "We've got to start finding ways to win games. Right now, it seems like we're finding ways to lose games."