- v guarantee financial support of
- v protect by insurance
- Each Name then joined one or more syndicates--groups of Names headed by an underwriter.
- With his $20 billion fortune, he has endowed American studies at Middle Eastern universities, given $40 million to underwrite Islamic studies at Harvard and Georgetown and helped .
- Unlike a traditional bond, Jupiter's underwriter does not buy people's mortgages, collect the payments and pass them on to its investors.
News & Articles
- Bloomberg Charity to Underwrite Mobile Guides for Museums
Bloomberg Philanthropies, the charitable foundation of Mayor Michael Bloomberg, has announced it will give $15 million to underwrite the cost of providing mobile guides for museum patrons.
June 20, 2013 - New York Times
- Racing Commission defers action on economic study
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Members of the state Racing Commission deferred action Tuesday on a request from thoroughbred and greyhound racing associations to underwrite an economic impact study of racing at the states four tracks. Commissioner Bill Phillips...
June 18, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Obama told thousands at a baseball stadium that McCain's plan "would guarantee that American taxpayers lose by handing over $300 billion to underwrite the kind of greed and irresponsibility on Wall Street that got us into this mess."
- Manmohan Singh in Asia Times Online
I am realistic enough to realize that there are many risks, because considering all the uncertainties of the situation there in Iran, I don't know if any international consortium of bankers would underwrite this,Singh said, according to the...