- n seal consisting of a coating of a tar or rubberlike material on the underside of a motor vehicle to retard corrosion
- n the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
- n thick soft fur lying beneath the longer and coarser guard hair
- v cover with a primer; apply a primer to
- It's the world's tallest hotel, and probably its least subtle gold-leaf is applied as liberally as undercoat, there's a fleet of white Rolls Royces on the forecourt and dancing .
- Many of the cashmere garments, however, are not made wholly of the downy undercoat of the goat, where the fibers are long and fine.
- Incarnating amiability with an undercoat of evil can be a benison to an actor.
News & Articles
- Brave souls take plunge to help Special Olympics
SARATOGA SPRINGS -- Polar bears have two to four inches of blubber insulating their muscles in addition to two layers of fur: a water repelling outer layer and a fuzzy undercoat, making them c…
Feb. 24, 2014 - Provo Daily Herald