- s not restrained or controlled
an unchecked temper
- President Barack Obama sternly warned Wall Street Monday against returning to the sort of reckless and unchecked behavior that threatened the nation with a second Great Depression.
- Nature never planned for what could happen when unchecked appetites were suddenly matched by unchecked resources.
- The IPCC also detailed the potential consequences of unchecked warming, and produced a road map for the kind of economic and technological changes needed to avoid the worst-case .
News & Articles
- IDOT finances rife with errors, oversight lapses, state audit finds
Bookkeeping is sloppy at the Illinois Department of Transportation, where contracts have been hastily awarded for "emergencies" such as trash collection and overtime claims have gone unchecked, according to a state audit released Wednesday.
June 20, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Wildfires burn in Arizona, California
MIDPINES, Calif., June 19 (UPI) -- A wildfire in Arizona grew unchecked Wednesday while officials said the area blackened by a fire in California could be closed for weeks.
June 19, 2013 - UPI
- How Much Do Bad Habits Cost?
Indulging in vices is often portrayed as the fun part of life, but letting bad habits go unchecked can have a deleterious effect on your wallet
June 19, 2013 - Bankrate.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
We will not go back to the days of reckless behavior and unchecked excess that was at the heart of this crisis, where too many were motivated only by the appetite for quick kills and bloated bonuses,Obama said in remarks at historic Federal...
- Alberto Gonzales in Washington Post
Still, as Gonzales pointed out, if "left unchecked, these homegrown terrorists may prove to be as dangerous as groups like al-Qaeda."