- a not decorated with something to increase its beauty or distinction
- Bowles, who lived much of his life in Tangiers, knew the enticing other-ness of Algeria and Morocco, enough to know that you can write about it in straightforward, unadorned prose .
- The monk-like general, dressed in unadorned fatigues, was found in the spotlight alongside Joseph Stalin, Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchill.
- The President is said to love his unadorned manner.
News & Articles
- Ind. college prof co-authors new book, 'The Amish'
Ind. college prof co-authors new book, 'The Amish' Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 7:01 am, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 The horse-drawn carriages, the unadorned clothing and the one-room schoolhouses drive the public's belief that the Amish are all alike. Nolt says that the ...
June 11, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Antiques Considered - June 12, 2013
The gentleman who had last week’s two stoneware pieces also has these two cookie jars. Other than the expected wear, they are in excellent condition. The yellow one has hand-painted floral decoration, whereas the brown one is unadorned. Both have their
June 11, 2013 - The Journal Press
- Switched On: PNDs try to find their way
Each week Ross Rubin contributes Switched On , a column about consumer technology. From pitch pipes to voice recorders, the list of standalone devices that an unadorned smartphone can substitute for runs long. But the portable electronics products that smartphones have had the most impact on have been digital cameras / camcorders, portable media players and portable navigation devices (PNDs ...
June 9, 2013 - Engadget